Privacy & cookies
Bright Ascension Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from [01 August] 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- other personal or corporate information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Responding as appropriate if you have made an enquiry about Bright Ascension products and/or services.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, if you have agreed to this, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use your information to customise our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If we have received your permission to do so, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. Again, you may change your mind at any time about this by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Bright Ascension, 1 Laurel Bank, Dundee, DD3 6JA, Scotland, UK
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Some cookie types are listed below.
Set by Google Analytics
- __utma Used to identify unique visitors to the site. Contains a unique but anonymised ID. Expiry 2 years.
- __utmb Used to track a user’s session. With each new page visited the expiration is set for 30 minutes.
- __utmc Used in conjunction with __utmb to track a visitor session. Expires when you exit the browser.
- __utmz Used to determine how the user arrived at the site. Updated with each new page visited. Expiry 6 months.
- __utmv Sometimes used as part of custom reporting segments. Expires when you exit the browser.
- __utmx Sometimes used as part of multivariate reporting. Expires when you exit the browser.
Note that there are many other cookie names used by Google which may come into play at any time. Third party cookies in general can change at any time.
Most Internet browsers allow users to control the acceptance of cookies. Visit allaboutcookies.org to find out how to configure these settings in most major browsers.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.