This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Programme Manager to take the lead in managing and coordinating both customer-driven and internal product development projects across the company.
As a key member of our team you would be responsible for working closely with project technical leads to manage projects, reporting both internally and directly to customers. As we are a small company, this role will also be responsible for the coordination of projects, helping to ensure that other members of the team are able to work most effectively on the highest priority activities.
Your project management expertise will also be invaluable in helping with planning for project delivery, including during the preparation of bids, tenders and proposals.
Essential skills and experience
We see experience with the following as essential to the job:
- planning and managing all stages of a software engineering project, from design to documentation according to a specified development process;
- working alongside technical leads to deliver an engineering project;
- maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures;
- organising, coordinating/chairing and participating in meetings, both internal team meetings and external customer/stakeholder meetings;
- documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings; and
- assessing, tracking and managing project risks and issues, and providing solutions where possible.
We would ideally like to see several years of experience in these areas.
We’re looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team. We’re especially looking for someone who:
- Works well both independently and in a team as part of a fast-paced technical environment
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, both for internal and external, customer facing, interactions
- Is interested in learning new skills and is open to new ideas and ways of working as well as sharing their experience with others
Desirable skills and experience
The following skills would definitely be a bonus:
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, the space industry, especially relevant management, product and quality assurance standards
- Experience with different development processes, such as waterfall and agile
- Some experience of software development
About the job
We’re ideally looking to employ someone full time, although this is negotiable. Salary will be in the range of £35k-£45k+, depending on experience, with 36 days of holiday per annum and a 6% employer’s pension contribution. We have offices in Edinburgh, Dundee and Bristol although as our largest office this role would be best suited to being based in Edinburgh. Given the breadth of the role certain amount of inter-site travel may be required, as well as travel to customer sites. All applicants should have the right to work in the UK.
As a member of the Bright Ascension team you would have a stake in the business through our Employee Benefit Trust which owns 16% of our business.
We are a small, innovative company changing the way that software is developed in the space industry. With customers across the world, ranging from universities and space agencies, to commercial organisations and start-ups, our core technologies enable our customers to develop and operate space-based systems and services faster, cheaper and more reliably. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and it is our team which drives that innovation; this is reflected in our commitment to employee ownership, which gives all of us a voice, and a stake, in our current and future success.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE